Become a Delegate – Apply Now
Become a delegate!
Will you be part of our next Delegation? Do you want to develop and challenge yourself? Then apply for our Delegation 2017-2018! United Netherlands strives to select a diverse and balanced group of the best students in the Netherlands. We welcome talented applicants from all educational backgrounds.
Follow our three steps to a UNL application below. As the number of applicants for the United Netherlands delegation always exceeds the number of places, we do have a selection procedure. This also allows us to guarantee that you will be part of a group of motivated and bright students.
Step 1: Who are we looking for?
We seek a team of approximately 30 highly motivated and diverse students. Before you apply, please make sure you comply with the following:
- You are willing and able to dedicate 2 – 2.5 days a week on United Netherlands
- You have sufficient command of the English language
- You combine ambition with ideals
- You are registered at a Dutch (research) University from September 2017 to February 2018 (please note that this excludes Higher Applied Education (HBO))
- You are available every Friday from September 9, 2017 onwards until the Harvard Model United Nations Conference 2018
- You are willing and able to pay the Participation Fee and other expenditures*
* Please find a complete overview of all costs here.
Step 2: Application procedure
- Summer Selection
The Summer Selection for the 15th delegation has opened. The application deadline is May 15th, 2017.
Note: the Fall Selection will take place in August and September 2017.
The timeline for the summer selection is as follows:
1st round: 22nd of May – 26th of May
2nd round: 6th and 7th of June
3rd (interview round): 15th and 16th of June
Please note that you will only be required to be present at one day each round. You will be asked about your availability in the Online Applicant’s form.
The first and second round of the application process consists of MUN simulations for which no prior preparation is required. The third round will be a personal interview with members of the Central Selection Committee.
Step 3: Apply!
In order to apply for the United Netherlands Delegation, you will need to fill in one online form (step 1) and submit three separate files by e-mail (steps 2-4).
Fill in online:
1. Online Application Form (Google forms), containing your personal information;
Submit by email:
2. Motivation and Essay Form (Word document), containing a letter of motivation and a short essay;
3. A digital photo of yourself (passport format);
4. Your Curriculum Vitae (in English).
Attach your Essay Form, your photo, and your CV to one e-mail message and send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for sending in all parts of your application is May 15th 2017, 23:59 hrs. You should receive a confirmation of your application within 2 working days.
Note: Please download Essay Form and read it carefully. Rename all documents according to the following format:
Last name, First name, Essay Form
Last name, First name, Photo
Last name, First name, CV