Become a Delegate – Apply Now
Will you be part of our next Delegation? Do you want to develop and challenge yourself? United Netherlands strives to select a diverse and balanced group of the best students in the Netherlands. We welcome talented applicants from all (educational) backgrounds, as long as you are enrolled in a Dutch university. As the number of applicants for the Delegation always exceeds the number of places, we do have a selection procedure. This allows us to guarantee that you will be part of a group of driven students who are willing to commit time and learn from each other.
The application procedure for the Summer Selection is currently open. The application deadline is May 20th, 2019.
Who are we looking for?
We seek a Delegation of approximately 30 highly driven, talented and diverse students. Before you apply, please make sure you comply with the following:
- You are willing and able to dedicate 2 – 2.5 days a week on United Netherlands
- You have sufficient command of the English language
- You combine ambition with ideals
- You are registered at a Dutch (research) University during the academic year that you are applying for the Delegation (please note that this includes exchange students and excludes Higher Applied Education (HBO))
- You are available every Friday from September onwards until the Harvard Nation Model United Nations Conference (Mid February)
- You are willing and able to pay the Participation Fee and other expenditures*
* Please find a complete overview of all costs here.
Application procedure Delegation 2019-2020
The Summer Selection for the 17th delegation has opened. The application deadline is May 20th, 2019.
Note: the Fall Selection will take place at the end of August and beginning of September 2019.
The timeline for the summer selection is as follows:
- 1st round: 4th-6th of June
- 2nd round: 11th and 12th of June
- 3rd (interview round): 19th and 20th of June
Please note that you will only be required to be present one day each round. You will be asked about your availability in the Online Applicant’s form.
The first and second round of the application process consists of MUN simulations for which no prior preparation is required. The third round will be a personal interview with members of the Central Selection Committee.
Step 1: UNMD Application Form
Fill in the online UNMD Application Form.
Step 2: Apply!
In order to apply for the United Netherlands Delegation, you will need to fill in the UNMD Application Form (step 1) and submit three separate files via email:
- Motivation and Essay Form (Word document), containing a letter of motivation and a short essay;
- A digital photo of yourself (passport format);
- Your Curriculum Vitae (in English).
Attach your Essay Form, your photo, and your CV to one e-mail message and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Please download the file Motivation and Essay Form Summer and read it carefully. Rename all documents according to the following format:
- Last name, First name, Essay Form
- Last name, First name, Photo
- Last name, First name, CV
The deadline for sending in all parts of your application is May 20th 2019, 23:59 hrs. You should receive a confirmation of your application within 5 working days.